Science Activity Builder has been designed to make it really easy for teachers to create professional looking activities to support science lessons.
Using the familiar 'wizard' style, teachers can quickly and easily enter their own content into any of the nine activity templates:
• complete the table
• question and answer
• Venn and Carroll sorting
You have total control over the content, so you can adapt resources to meet the needs of every learner in your class, placing the focus where your pupils need it.
You are guided step by step through the creation of the activities and have the facility to change the look and feel of your material to suit your target user. Examples of how you might adapt your activity to make it suitable for a special needs pupil include the facility to narrate all instructions and answers, change the background, font size and colour, use a sticky mouse etc.
Once created, activities are ready to be used in a whole host of different ways:
• with the whole class on an interactive whiteboard
• printed as worksheets for reinforcement away from the computer
• saved as .exe files and shared with others, even if they don't have the Science Activity Builder software themselves
• saved as .html files and put on the school intranet
• uploaded as SCORM files to your virtual learning environment.
All text used in the activities can be translated into another language, making this an ideal tool for use with pupils for whom English is not their first language, or to make resources for modern foreign language teaching.
A vast bank of clip art is included for you to use within the activities and there are hundreds of ready-made resources provided, to help you get started.