Although children may know the sounds of letters in isolation, they are not necessarily able to combine them in a fluent manner and therefore, comprehension is lost. Highly motivating, this CD-ROM is particularly effective for children on the autistic spectrum, those with down’s syndrome, attentional difficulties, those who are primarily visual learners and those learning English as an additional language.
Based on vocabulary that is familiar and meaningful, A Busy Day activities allow the child to start to understand that text carries meaning by encouraging the child to hear, say, match words to pictures and move the words around on-screen – providing an exciting multi-sensory and interactive experience.
A Busy Day has been fully evaluated and is effective for use in both mainstream Early Years classrooms, as well as in the special school setting, for use with whole classes, groups and individuals.
• helps the child to acquire and recognise a range of vocabulary that can be understood, generalised and used to construct meaningful sentences
• enables fast learning, promoting increased confidence and motivation
• contains full teacher guidance, including training videos
• includes audio support throughout
• includes printable clip art, worksheets and certificates and other resources to use away from the computer
• has printable record keeping for both child and teacher
• includes a full range of accessibility settings for the individual, including choices for switch users and customised settings
• includes motivational games to reinforce word recognition
• encourages the development of language skills and acquisition of new vocabulary which, in turn, enhances self-esteem
• contains colour-coded word banks with the facility to add your own words.